Friday, January 28, 2011

DIY : Valentines Cards!

photo by: Simply Bloom Photography
 So Valentines is just around the corner, and if you're like me, you'd rather make a cute little love note for your girls than do some outrageous romantic evening. Don't get me wrong, I think it's  nice to spend Valentines with your man - but why on "that day" I'd rather Andy just out of the blue want to get all dressed up and he has flowers and surprises me with a fancy dinner. To me, that is just a little more special. So every year around this time, I think of fun things I can do with the girls who mean a lot to me. Last year I went to Seattle to visit my sister and we had THE BEST time ever. Seriously. You can see photos from the trip here!
This year, I decided to throw a Valentines party for all the girls! Do you want to know what gave me the inspiration? A trip to the dollar store. No joke. I was there looking for these amazing RSVP pens that I love. I heard they had a 2-pack there so of course I was off! While I was there I saw ALL this Valentines party stuff and well... you know me and parties. haha. But instead of simply throwing a girly party for the heck of it, I decided to make it a little more. I contacted 31Bits and I am turning it into a 31Bits House Party! I love 31Bits and everything they are about :: to  learn more check out their site and if you're interested in learning how to throw your own house party I would definitely recommend it - check that out here! (P.S. 31Bits is having a sale right now on their Ollie Twist - my fav!)

All of that to say.. I made a fun little DIY project for the girls to do when they first come to my house. I got the idea from I think Country Living Magazine... or Real Simple. One of those. Anyways, I thought it would be a great project for ANYONE and perfect for the party. Here are some photos of my first attempts to making some samples for the girls. Enjoy!


 ::Supplies::
Paint card samples :: you can pick them up for free at Home Depot
Scissors
Hole Punch
Ribbon
Stamps
Ink Pad

Step 1:: Cut your paint card to the desired size
Step 2:: Punch a hole in the top and loop your ribbon through
Step 3:: Stamp where desired
Step 4:: Spread the love!

4 comments:

Liesl said...

I recently pulled some things in the paint center of a store thinking I could do something with them, but this is such a great idea!!! LOVE it!

Liesl :)

Emilee Sutherland said...

oh fun! You could actually do these for any occasion with lots of fun colors!

Alyssa Sutherland said...

made these today! adorable idea!

Unknown said...

What a nice craft idea! It would be great to write your sweetest Happy valentines day messages on it and insert it to the gift you're going to give to someone special.

Cheers and hugs xxx
Marilyn
http://easyday.snydle.com/valentines-day-wishes-and-messages.html

Post a Comment